Monday, March 22, 2010

A Near Picture Perfect Day

Spring is finally here! (well, it was and then yesterday happened and rainy and cold weather struck). But Saturday was BEAUTIFUL. So beautiful, that we spent over 4 hours at the Long Hunter Park. And yes, 4 WHOLE HOURS. And for those of you asking how we could spend an entire 4 hours at the park...it went something like this:- lying in the grass, a picnic lunch, good friends, chasing my sweet puppy, a nice walk around the lake, stopping to look at each leaf and acorn, picking up the biggest sticks we could find, throwing rocks into the lake, sliding down the slide, and swings. All in all, I couldn't ask for a better day, except I could ask that our dog hadn't been stricken with ticks and tick babies. And I could ask that the tick I found on MYSELF hadn't been there... Okay- so I guess it was a NEAR perfect day. A perfect day minus ticks.  Pictures to share... (and don't worry, we didn't take any pictures of the ticks)





No comments: