Friday, February 11, 2011

Updates, Updates!


I've decided I'm a terrible blogger, but I'm not ready to give it up yet! So here is a brief (i'll try to keep it brief anyway)- recap of our lives in the past few months. 

Last I posted, I announced the upcoming arrival of our second child. Since then, we've found out that Grayden will be the big brother to (surprise, enter gasp reaction here!)- a baby brother! I had a feeling we'd be bringing another rambunctious Hartman boy into this world but secretly held on to the hope of a girl. Since, my initial disappointment- (I was really hoping for some dresses and bows around here)- I've grown to be very excited about having another sweet baby boy in this family. Our approximate due date is May 11th which puts me at 27 weeks currently. I've had a few more complications this time around- I was diagnosed with placenta previa early on and have had to have ultrasounds every 4 weeks to see if it would resolve (it still hasn't). Since my initial complications and a few bed rest scares, things have been good thus far, however if I still have a previa closer to my due date, I'll have to have a scheduled c-section, which I'm really having a hard time coming to terms with. I had such a great delivery experience with Grayden and was hoping for a similar experience. It's true that each pregnancy is truly different. For example, do you have any idea how much you pee yourself during the second pregnancy?!? I am only 27 weeks and have already peed myself like 5 times! Are you kidding me!?! Anyway, we'd appreciate any prayers on behalf of the rest of this pregnancy, my bladder, my placenta, baby boy's continued health, and the upcoming delivery.

And as you can see, we have not yet decided on a name for this sweet boy. We currently call him Horatio, because I was tired of little man and baby boy. Our goal is to decide on a name soon, as I'd like to have a few monogrammed things this time around. 

Grayden has exploded into a full out big boy. I can't get over his full sentences, his amazing smarts (he truly is a genius), and his hilarious and amazing personality. He makes us laugh on a daily basis. He is currently very much into football (yes, still), Buzz and Woody, bicycles, Super Mario brothers, video games, and playing swords (which can be any object, really). He loves to sing and dance, try to ride his dog, Riley like a horse, and have tickle fights in bed. He is going to be an amazing big brother and I'm so happy that he is going to have a lifelong brother/playmate. I just can't believe he'll be 3 in less than 1 month! We've got to get this potty training going...(my child hates the idea of using the potty. I'm really hoping for some progress soon.)

In the ramblings of our life, Rob and I are just enjoying our sweet family and preparing to put our house on the market... YIKES. We bought this house, knowing that we didn't want to stay forever, and we've put quite a bit of work into it, and are ready to move on- Keep us in your prayers over the next few months- as we prepare to put the house on the market come March/April.

Friends Grayden and Brayden at the Zoo. (Rob took both the boys on his own!


Grayden at the Zoo on a pretty January day!


Sleepy boys!

26 weeks
















Baby "Horatio" at 27 weeks. His legs are over top his head.

No comments: