Sunday, April 10, 2011

Happy 3rd Birthday Grayden!!!















It's so hard to believe that it has been three years since this sweet little baby entered my world. Grayden has exploded into a full-grown toddler and little man. We celebrated Grayden's 3rd birthday on Saturday, March 5th (which I realize is over a month ago...we've been a little preoccupied with bed rest and hospital stays.) I'll admit this birthday was hard on this Momma. I had such big plans for his birthday, birthday week, and party- all to which I had to surrender because I was limited to modified (meaning I can do NOTHING) bed rest. I had a yummy menu that I had been working on, the perfect football cake and dessert ideas, and was planning to take off work on Friday so we could spend the day spoiling him. The day still turned out perfectly and I owe much, much thanks to my sweet family. My mom who came early to help clean house, run errands, bake a cake, and cater to my every request (which can be extremely demanding at times)-  I sure do love Mom...I couldn't get through these past several months without her. Also, thanks to my sister in law, Mandy, my brothers Jason and Brian (for helping to clean, serve me, and put toys away exactly as I ask), and to Bill- for his awesome work on the ceiling fan- and too for helping to get things in order (he does a mean job on hanging streamers). Also, thank you to Rob's parents for taking off the burden of making food- and helping to cater BBQ...And just a big thank you to everyone who came to celebrate my little boy's birthday and show us how much you love us. It was a wonderful day- and we were reminded how blessed we are and how blessed Grayden is to have such a wonderful family and group of friends.

Our birthday theme (of course) was football. I had such big plans for the cake and was determined that I was going to bake it and decorate it regardless of bed rest. With mom's help to do the baking (and thanks to Betty Crocker), we conquered the football cake and made some football theme cupcakes to go with it. Grayden was so excited about turning 3. All day we kept asking him how old he was and he'd laugh and say 2. We would then correct him, to which he would laugh and argue that he was only 2. It wasn't until after all presents were open (which was a 2 hour process with a cake break in between), that Grayden finally looked up at everyone and said "I'm 3!!" Supposedly, your age does not change until all presents have been open and cake has been eaten. Grayden loved being sung too. He beamed during "Happy Birthday" and did a pretty good job blowing out his candle. He sung happy birthday to himself for at least 2 weeks after his party. Overall, for this mom who had to surrender to bed rest on her little boy's special day- it was a great party and such a fun day.

I wish I could detail every funny thing Grayden says or does. Rob and I can't express how much we love him and how much he makes us laugh. I'm amazed at how quickly he has gone from a sweet, pleasant, baby to a ball full of energy, talking in sentences, laughing hysterically, running into walls, playing football, ornery 3 year old. He's a true mess and we love every bit of him.







No comments: